Cog Icon signifying link to Admin page

Barnwell Parish Council


Barnwell Parish Council has 7 elected councillors and an electorate of around 336. The Council meet bi-monthly, usually on the third Tuesday of the month, at the Village Hall at 7.30pm. See more details about Parish Council meetings via the 'parish council meetings' tab. 


Our Parish Councillors are:-

David Brown (Parish Council Chair, Flood Warden, Mowing)

Chris Soans (Vice Chair, Public Rights of Way, Recreation Field)

Heather Hanlon (Parish Council Representative of the Trustees of Parson Latham's Hospital, Joint Action Group, Oundle Rural Forum, Children’s Playground, Traffic calming measures)

Mr Graham Wise (Police Liaison Representative, Highways, Street-lighting)

Catriona Forrest(Parish Council Representitive of The Trustees of Parson Latham's Hospital, Tree Warden)

Jeanne DeBock (Internal Financial Control, Noticeboard)

Tim Herring


All Councillors have responsibility for planning, and playground inspections

Parish Councillor's Register of Interests link:

Clerk to the Parish Council - Mrs Nicki Phillips

You can contact the Parish Council via the 'contacts' tab, or either by phone on 07562372430 or email:


Parish Council Responsibilities - it can be confusing to know which council is responsible for what services in the village.

Parish and town councils are part of local government in Northamptonshire together with the North Northamptonshire Council. Each is responsible for different things.

The Parish Council is responsible for - for streetlighting, the bus shelter, seats and benches, the village noticeboard, the telephone kiosk, and some tree maintainance.

North Northamptonshire Council is responsible for local services including housing, local planning, environmental health and refuse collections, as well as strategic services such as highways, education, libraries, social services, strategic planning and refuse disposal.

Highway problems - if you wish to report problems such as potholes, overgrown verges, or problems with footpaths, you can report on line using this link:-

Planning applications and other information can be found at:-