Northamptonshire Police are appealing for information regarding a Break-in of a garden shed in the rear garden of a property on Main Street, Barnwell at 3.14pm on Wednesday, 9 March - unknown person/s broke into a secure shed and stole items from within.
Did you witness anything?
Did you see any person(s) or vehicle(s) in the area that looked suspicious?
If so, then please contact Northamptonshire Police on 101 quoting Ref: 220001/37426.
If you have evidential CCTV relating to this occurrence please send to
CCTVStills.DBIT@northants.pnn.police.uk quoting the reference number
Taking just a few steps can make a big difference in keeping your home safe from burglary. Here are a few tips:
- Lock your doors and windows every time you leave the house, even when you're just out in the garden, remembering to double-lock UPVC doors (lift handle and turn key).
- Hide all keys, including car keys, out of sight and away from the letterbox (remember a device could be used to hook keys through the letterbox).
- Install a visual burglar alarm (as part of a suite of prevention measures - a burglar alarm on its own will not prevent entry to your home).
- Install good outside lighting.
- Get a trusted neighbour to keep an eye on your property.
- Leave radios or lights in your house on a timer to make the property appear occupied.
- Make sure the fences around your garden are in good condition.
- Secure bikes at home by locking them to an immoveable object inside a locked shed or garage.
- Keep ladders and tools stored away; don't leave them outside where they could be used to break into your home.
- Ensure side gates are locked to prevent access to the rear of the property.
- Ensure rear fencing is in good repair.
- Improve natural surveillance at the front of your property i.e. trim high hedges.
- Mark your property with postcode and house number and register your property for free with Immobilise (opens in a new window).
- Consider joining or forming a Neighbourhood Watch scheme (opens in a new window).
- Remove valuables from view of ground floor windows.
- Store any high value items (i.e. jewellery, passports) in a properly secured safe or bank vault.
In an emergency, when there is a crime in progress or a life at risk, always call 999.To report a crime or incident, provide information or for advice, call 101 or visit www.northants.police.uk
To contact your Neighbourhood Team covering Northampton, they can be contacted on the following email: NeighbourhoodTeamNorthampton@northants.pnn.police.uk
You can also provide confidential information should you wish to remain anonymous. These calls can be made to the Independent Charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit www.crimestoppers-uk.org
Have Your Say on Local Identified Priorities
Have your say on community policing where you live by completing this short survey.